Comments, Suggestions, Discussions > Ausrock Forums

BON SCOTT singing "back in black" ?

<< < (4/4)

donlau:
I think if it was him they would have released it commercially

metalhead2009:
the vocalist that actually sang it was not bon nor was it the Jackyl singer it was Joe Lynn Turner ex Rainbow Vocalist and i do have a copy of it and its hard to believe it was hin doin the vocals also there is another verion sung by Marc Storace from Krokus in his ac dc tribute band called dc talk cos if you have ever heard Krokus the singer sounds exactly like Bon Scott

busbydaze:
Im not sure whether or not tripper has a recording of Bon singing "Back in Black", but in Clinton Walker's biography of Bon, there is more than a suggestion that Bon wrote all the lyrics for the album but the band's management managed to get hold of all his material and continued with the album and credit Brian Johnson with the lyrics.

Believe what you will, but the style of the lyrics have an unmistakable Bon Scott cheekiness to them that has never been repeated on any later album and leaves me with no doubt who penned the lyrics.

BTW isn't DC Talk a christian band?

[leigh sits back down]

meatmallet:
he was dead b4 it was released and it would be  a gold mine to the record companies if it was him so I guess its not

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version